So, my Friday was not off to a super-great start. I had a lot to do and not a clue in how to prioritize it all as it all seemed time-sensitive and important. On top of all of that stress, my house smelled like a GIANT BEEF FAJITA! I had made them for dinner the night before and the smell permeated the whole house--it was gross!
But my day got better and ended up being great! My sweet friend, Tracy, called and asked if I would run some errands with her down in Dallas. She promised to use our car time tutoring me for a BIG EXAM I had to take for work the next day. Study for my exam, check; get out of my beefy smelling house, check check. Things were looking up. We had a great time visiting, studying, eating a most delicious lunch here and poking around one of my all time favorite stores. We realized that we spend most of our time together serving--which is great--but not enough time doing regular friend things. Hopefully we will have more days like this in the future--so fun!
Then, Craig and I were off to have dinner with friends. ASC is one of those special people God puts in your life for "such a time as this." I met her while finishing my degree at UNT--I had recently gotten married and had just transferred from a school of 1,100 to a school of 27,000. It was a scary time. But I remember meeting her in one or our PR or journalism classes and immediately thinking THAT'S MY UNT FRIEND. I could sense she was serious about school and level headed and just knew she was a Christian, too. I was right and she proved to be a wonderful friend and later once we were in the real world a great resource to talk about business and bounce ideas off of--she is so smart! Anyway, as time has marched on we found ourselves seeing and talking to each other all of the time--only it was through e-mail and blogs. So, it was high time to get together for real! We had a great time visiting and eating a most awesome apricot glazed chicken and talking a little shop as our husbands chatted it up about who knows what. So fun! We will not have to wait so long to do it again!



2 comments:
We had such a great time with you both! Why do we always wait so long inbetween? Life gets in the way, I guess....can't wait to see you again soon. Have a great week!
Thank you so much for hanging out with me! It's been a long time since we've done something fun like that. I miss not spending as much time with you as we have in the past. We need to schedule a regular card night for at least once a month! BTW...I updated my blog! :)
Love you!
TK
Post a Comment