OK People, this is BIG. I will shamefully admit that our family watches way too much TV. I am even more embarassed to admit that we have ZERO self control in turning the darn thing off. So, I made a clean cut (as in we cut the cable)--we are a TV-free family! I am having major separation anxiety--especially from my good morning friends Matt, Meredith Al & Ann. Anyway, I am excited as we focus our free summer time on reading, playing family games, working on some long lost projects and having some good conversations. You can keep track of our summer reading on the lists to the right.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Good for you! As you know, we've not had cable the entire time we've been married - and it doesn't bother us much. True, if we are vacationing or visiting someone with it, we'll watch some shows...but we are ok without it...we do watch a few PBS shows and E has her educational DVDs ... but nothing too major!
GOOD. FOR. YOU!!!! We knew we either had to get dvr or throw out the TV's... all of them. I wanted to either watch it completely on our terms or not at all. SO, we took the path of least resistance and got dvr, which has helped tremendously. We only watch what we pre-recorded (read: thoughtfully decided ahead of time that we would watch) and then we fast-forward through the commercials (which is where 99% of the nastiness comes from, since we only watch shows like "John and Kate + 8" LOL.)
Anyway, the kids know we are always about 5 minutes away from chunking the TV's, so they tread lightly. We may cut the cord altogether once M gets here.
Yey for y'all!!!
Post a Comment